Whenever you go camping or backpacking, you need a quality sleeping bag to sleep in, because no matter how hot it gets during the day, at night it can become very cold.
A lightweight sleeping bag is ideal for this purpose as it can keep you warm at night, without feeling like you are carrying a large duvet around with you during the day.
Our review is going to look at 5 of the very best lightweight sleeping bags that are currently available to help you make an informed choice.
Best Ultralight Sleeping Bag Reviews
1. Redcamp Ultra Lightweight Sleeping Bag
This lightweight sleeping bag is perfect for activities such as camping or backpacking and provides a comfortable night’s sleep whenever you are taking part in any of those outdoor activities.
This Redcamp sleeping bag is ideal for camping and similar activities when the temperatures might dip but are not going to sub-zero levels. It can ensure you are kept comfortable in temperature ranges between 59° F up to 77°F. This means on warm evenings you won’t overheat, and in the cooler evenings, you won’t feel too chilly.
The reason this lightweight sleeping bag can do this is thanks to its cotton filling which provides warmth, and because it is breathable it helps heat to dissipate on warmer evenings. One other point is that you will always stay dry in this sleeping bag, due to its water-resistant fabric.
Should you wish to attach a second sleeping bag, or use a second sleeping bag to act as a quilt cover for extra warmth, then you can do so thanks to its reversible zipper. Other useful features include a pocket for holding your cell phone or music player, and the carry bag, which is compressible to make carrying your sleeping bag as easy as possible.
- Ultralight and Softer: Size is 87" x 32.5"/ 220cm x 83cm. Weight of 1.8lbs. Perfect lightweight sleeping bags for adults of 6 feet in tall. High-quality and durable fabric, stands up to years of use.
- Temperature Range: This backpacking sleeping bag for camping is comfort in 68°F/20°C and fits temperature range 59 - 77 °F/15 - 25°C. Females are recommended to choose the hooded sleeping bags.
- Reverse Zipper: 2-way zippers allow for 2 bags to be attached together as a double-bag or a quilt&blanket when unzipped in summer.
- Compressed Sack: Convenient internal stuff pocket for store your belongings and a compressed oxford sack is included to pack. Package size: 7.9" x 4.7" / 20 x 12cm.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: REDCAMP offers a 365-day limited manufacturer warranty. If you're not satisfied for any reason, please contact us at any time and we will assist you till satisfaction.
2. Aegismax Outdoor Ultralight Goose Down Sleeping Bag
If you are likely to be sleeping out when the temperatures get so low that there is a chance of ice droplets on the trees, then this sleeping bag will appeal to you.
This lightweight sleeping bag is designed in what is known as ‘mummy’ style. It doesn’t mean you have to be a mom, or even a female, because the ‘mummy’ refers to the shape in which Egyptian mummies are wrapped. This shape makes the sleeping bag more comfortable and helps to retain heat, as it fits more snugly around your body, and there is less empty space inside. There is also a pull-string collar to close the sleeping bag around your head and neck area.
The temperature ranges of this sleeping bag are very impressive when considering cool and colder conditions, therefore it may not be suitable if you plan to sleep out when it is very warm at night; however, on cold nights it will keep you comfortable when the thermometer gets down to just 43° F, and in extreme conditions you could even find it does the job when it is cold enough for ice on the roads.
A bag is provided for easy storage and carrying and there is a choice of lengths so that you can select either the 5 ft. 7 in. which is the regular size or the larger 6 ft. 3 in. length for those who are taller.
- Recommended Height for User:Regular-170cm/5'7;Large-190cm/6'3.(Regular size not recommended for adult male). Item:Mini series,Regular and Large can zip together.
- COMFORTABLE:800 filling power and great soft skin fabric,keep you warm and comfortable all night.
- ULTRALIGHT:Net weight only regular 408g/large 528g,good for backpacking.Best Budget Down Sleeping Bag for Ultralight Backpacking.
- COMPACT:Compressed size 12cm*21cm,can be easily fitted into any backpacking,easy to carry.
- Comfort:+11° C/52° F/ Lower Limit:+6° C/43° F/ Extreme:-9° C/15° F;
3. Hyke & Byke Goose Down Sleeping Bag
There’s certainly no missing this sleeping bag given its bright colors, and better still, you get to choose from a range of colors.
Let’s start with those color choices. There are 8 to choose from and there are some very eye-catching combinations. Do you fancy a sleeping bag which is mint with tangerine, or how about blue and lime green? One thing is for sure, whichever you choose, your sleeping bag’s bright color mean it is not going to be hard to spot.
The filling used for this sleeping bag is goose down, which provides excellent insulation for you and means you can keep you warn in temperatures as low as 15°F.
On the exterior, the outer material is high-quality nylon which is water resistant to prevent any moisture from getting into the sleeping bag. Other quality features include a non-snag zipper slider, and a pull-string at the top.
Often tall people feel they get a raw deal when it comes to sleeping bags due to many manufacturers only providing a maximum length of 6 feet. Hyke & Byke have obviously realized this and provide a range of length options including up to 6 ft. 6 in. which give taller people the chance to have a sleeping bag which suits their height.
Lastly, you should note that this sleeping bag comes with a lifetime warranty, which we believe shows they have confidence in the quality of their product.
- SAVE SPACE and SHAVE WEIGHT with ultralight premium 800 Fill Power Goose Down filling and Allied LofTech base for added durability and moisture resistance.
- STAY WARM as a result of goose down insulation capabilities and water-resistant DWR fabrics - the microscopic air clusters found in down feathers creates "loft" that traps heat and keeps you warm for cool weather camping.
- HIKE FARTHER with the LIGHTEST MUMMY DOWN SLEEPING BAG available for this quality at the price. Summit any mountain or camp by the summer sea with these compact bags and have room for carrying your favorite fleece blanket or silk liner, goose filled pillow, and pad. Weighs ONLY: Short: 1.92 / 2.31 lbs; Regular: 2.04 / 2.49 lbs; Long: 2.16 / 2.66 lbs for the 30 / 15 °F bags, respectively. Compare to other brands to see the price difference we achieve through direct-to-consumer sales.
- LONG LASTING DURABILITY from ultralight water repellent DWR coated 400T 20 D ripstop nylon fabric liner with double large YKK zippers and anti-snag slider, wide shoulders and large footbox, snag-free velcro, drawstring, vertical baffles, and compression stuff sack for storage included. Comes in sizes Short, Regular, or Long (Tall / XL).
- Hyke & Byke is a new brand of outdoor gear that started small but has quickly made a big impression on outdoor enthusiasts across the country (men, women, and kids alike). Our cosmic vision of providing double the value for every person (youth or adult) looking to go outdoors is possible through beating the big brands at cutting costs and connecting with our customers. See how we cut costs in our description below!
4. Naturehike Mini Ultralight Envelope Design Sleeping Bag
This is as simple and straightforward as it gets when it comes to lightweight sleeping bags, a product which is perfect for camping, hiking or backpacking.
The main materials used for this sleeping bag are nylon on the exterior with a composition of cotton and polyester used for the filling inside. This provides a soft and comfortable surface plus sufficient insulation to keep you warm when it cools down at night. It should also be noted that the exterior material is waterproof.
This sleeping bag is not designed for extremes, so it is more suited for trips that are likely to take place spring through to autumn, rather than the exceptional cold conditions experienced in winter.
If you prefer, you can unzip the sleeping bag and use it as a quilt or blanket, or if you prefer you can sleep on top of it for a more comfortable sleeping surface underneath you. You can also zip it to another sleeping bag to double up or create a larger blanket.
To help make carrying it more convenient, a carry bag is provided. This allows you to compress the sleeping bag down so that it’s overall size for carrying is only about 8 inches in height.
- IDEAL FOR BACKPACKING & TRAVEL- Unlike bulky sleeping bags, our space-saving sleeping bag for boys, girls, men and women. It comes packed away in its included carrying bag with compact straps.
- LIGHTWEIGHT,COMPACT SIZE- Size M: 1.58lb 74"x 29" (720g 190x75cm)/ Size XL: 1.83lb 85" x 33" (830g 205x85cm)
- 5 COLORS and 3 SIZES - For each color and size, We even have LEFT and RIGHT for you to choose. You can connect LEFT one with Right one to have much more fun.
- ULTRA COMFORTABLE SLEEPING BAG - Each Naturehike sleeping bag for kids or adults filled by premium TC cotton，provide you with a wonderful relaxing sleep after a tiring day of trekking, hiking, travel or any other exploration.
- MULTIPURPOSE VERSATILITY- You don't need a sleeping bag liner to use our sleeping bag in the spring, summer or fall. In fact, it's the perfect teen sleep bag for camping trips, BoyScouts or mountain hiking.
5. Norsens Lightweight Sleeping Bag
When you expect to be sleeping in more extremes conditions, then this sleeping bag is one to consider as it is suitable for temperatures as low as 32° F.
Let’s consider that 32°F figure again. That is freezing point, so any trips in winter or if you’re in a location which gets extremely cold at night, even if it is not winter time, then this is the sleeping for you. The reason it can keep you comfortable in temperatures as low as this is its design which we’ll look at now.
There are three elements to this sleeping bag. The first is a spun cotton lining which is lightweight but also very adept at trapping heat within the sleeping bag. The second element in keeping you comfortable is the polyester lining. This is breathable and very soft to the touch. Third, is the quilting where stitching keeps the filler materials from shifting so that it remains even across the entirety of the sleeping bag.
The outer material is waterproof so there is no risk of the interior becoming wet if the sleeping bag encounters any moisture such as dew or rain.
This sleeping bag comes in a fairly large size which will please those of you who are taller. Its length is 7 ft. 6 inches, so anyone over 6 ft. tall will be able to use this sleeping bag in comfort.
- IDEAL FOR EXTREME WEATHER - Designed for near-freezing temperatures, fits temperature range: 32 - 68°F/0 - 20°C; Comfort in 50°F/10°C, thanks to our water-resistant/weather-proof polyester cover, spinning cotton filling and straight quilted design.
- PACK LIGHT & SMALL - Super small (20*20cm) and lightweight (3.6lbs), when packed into included compression sack we handle, convenient to store and easy to carry along.
- EXTRA LONG & LARGE SIZE - Measures 90.5 x 32.6 in, fits for adults up to 6 ft. 5 in TALL, 190 lbs, offer maximum comfort, warmth and freedom.
- COMFORT & WARM - Skin-friendly polyester pongee liner, full-length side draft tube and two-layers overlap zipper around bottom corner, no crack, keeping warmer, No more snagged zipper with full Anti-Pinch layers, machine-washable
- Hassle Free Service: A 12 month warranty and friendly customer service.
There’s certainly quite a broad range of options when it comes to choosing a lightweight sleeping bag, given the different temperature ranges, the various materials used and even the color choices.
This made it more difficult than normal to choose our No. 1. Ultimately, we choose the Hyke & Byke Goose Down Sleeping Bag as our best lightweight sleeping bag.
We felt it offered a higher level of quality than the others, plus the fact that is filled with goose down means it is suited to lower temperatures.
It also comes with a choice of sizes so whether you are small or tall there will be one which best suits you.
Finally, there is the offer of a lifetime warranty which is always a big plus when comparing products.